Here’s a summary of what we’ll discuss in this article:
- Benefits of massage
- Benefits of massage gun
- Long term benefits of massage
- Disadvantages of body massage
Benefits of Massage
Some benefits of massage include:
- Reduced stress levels can help you relax, feel more in control, and improve your mood. It releases endorphins that make you feel happy and optimistic.
- Lower body pressure can also improve blood pressure by lowering stress hormones and inflammation-causing compounds.
- Relieve pain – Massage therapy has also been shown to reduce pain levels, increase your flexibility, and lower cortisol levels. It is especially beneficial for back pain.
- Reduce inflammation – Massages are a great way to reduce the effects of inflammation. They can reduce pain, improve mood, and increase the body’s healing ability.
- Boost immunity – It can also help to boost immunity by increasing the flow of lymphatic fluid in your body. Lymphatic fluid carries white blood cells to fight off potential infections in your body. When you feel sick, the lymphatic system kicks into gear and helps to boost immunity.
A Back massage has the following benefits;
- Ease tension and stress on the back muscles.
- Improved blood circulation and reduced pain.
- Improved muscle tone.
- Increased flexibility.
- A sense of relaxation.
Benefits of Massage Gun
Massage guns provide relaxation and pain relief through a massage technique known as trigger point therapy.
They have become popular in recent years because of their convenience and versatility.
They provide deep, long-lasting relief and help you relax before going to sleep.
Furthermore, you can use them on several body parts to help relieve tension, fatigue, aches, and pains.
Types of Massage
The most common types of massage include;
- Sports massage – Sports massage is a branch of massage therapy in which the therapist focuses on the body’s musculoskeletal system. It is designed to improve range of motion, flexibility, and performance. This type of massage is ideal for active people or athletes.
- Deep tissue massage – It’s a type of massage performed on muscles, tendons, and fascia. This type of massage has a more intense pressure applied to the target body part. For example, deep tissue massage can help soothe the tension and provide pain relief if you have a sore muscle from overexertion.
- A Swedish massage is a therapeutic massage intended to relax and rejuvenate the body. The process involves long, rhythmic strokes of the hands, fingers, arms, and legs. Swedish massages improve blood circulation, ease muscle tension, and increase oxygen levels in the blood.
- Lymphatic massage – A lymphatic massage is a form of bodywork that uses circular strokes to massage the lymphatic system in the body. The main objective is to relax, relieve stress, and stimulate blood flow. It increases blood circulation, reduces inflammation, and circulates lymph fluid. Lymphatic massage is also known to decrease lymphedema.
- Scalp massage – It’s a gentle massage technique in which you apply pressure to the scalp. It is most often used to relax and relieve tension in the head, neck, and shoulders. It can also be a therapeutic way of stimulating circulation and reducing stress.
Long Term Benefits of Massage
- Lower blood pressure.
- Improved blood circulation.
- Weight loss.
- Reduced stress and tension in muscles, joints, and ligaments.
- Improved sleep quality.
Disadvantages of Body Massage
- Pain; You might feel pain due to the pressure applied during the massage. The pain might last a few days, causing a bit of discomfort.
- Inflammation; When excessive pressure is applied during therapy, inflammation might occur.
- Headache; Headaches can be caused by tension release from muscles near your cranium during therapy.
- Fatigue; Regular massages can cause fatigue, and some people find it difficult to rest after a session.
- Nausea; Some people experience nausea after a massage session. It’s caused by toxins that are drained from the body during the massage process.
Massage is an essential part of your health. It has many benefits, such as increased blood flow and oxygen to the brain, reduced muscle tension, improved circulation, and lowered stress levels.
One of the best things you can do for your body is to go for a massage at least once a week.